Academic session of the College normally starts from 6th of July and concludes in May every year.
- Admission is open to every state subject and children of central government employees, posted in the J&K State.
- Admission schedule is announced every year containing detailed information and is published in local newspapers much earlier than the start of the admission.
- Students seeking admission in B.A/B.Sc. Semester-1st shall apply online through the link available on the website: www.jkhighereducation.nic.in. The select list will available on the website and also shall be displayed on the college notice board. After this admission shall be made with verification of documents by the committee. Students have to mention three choices of subject combinations in order of their preference as per the combinations available in the college. Change of subject is not permissible after admission. Students are advised in their own interest to consult admission committee before filling up online application form.
- Number of seats in each subject is fixed by college.
- Students belonging to reserved categories as listed in SRO-126, dated 28-08-1994 shall get additional weight age of 5% marks. i.e. 30 marks out of 600 and these 30 marks shall be added to the total marks secured by the candidate provided he/she submits the relevant certificate (attested copy) issued by the competent authority with the admission form.
- At the time of admission students have purchase the Admission Prospectus on a cash payment of Rs.100/-. The applicants who do not submit the admission forms with all the requisite certificates or who do not deposit the fee within the prescribed time limit shall be dropped from the merit list and next meritorious applicant shall be considered eligible for admission subject to the availability of the seats, then second and third merit list shall be displayed. This is subject to changes and modifications as directed by the department/University from time to time.
- The college reserves the right to reject or accept the application for admission without assigning any reason.
- The following certificates testimonials must be attached with the admission form.
<![if !supportLists]>• Provisional certificates issued by the institution last attended / J&K Board of School Education in case of private students / candidates.
<![if !supportLists]>• Marks sheet of the qualifying examination (one original and four attested copies).
<![if !supportLists]>• Character certificate issued by the head of the institution last attended.
<![if !supportLists]>• <![endif]>In case of private candidate a character certificate should be signed by the first class magistrate or SHO.
<![if !supportLists]>• <![endif]>Three unattested copies of the recent passport size photograph.
<![if !supportLists]>• <![endif]>Matriculation certificate (original along with two attested copies).
<![if !supportLists]>•<![endif]>Transfer certificate of father or guardian in case of children of military or paramilitary personnel or central government employees.
<![if !supportLists]>•Reserved category certificate from the competent authority as stated in SRO- 126 dated 28-08- 1994 (Original along with one attested copy).
<![if !supportLists]>•<![endif]>Migration certificate for the students of Board/University other than J&K Board & University of Jammu respectively.